SECONDARY & FINISHING AND SERVICES FOR SINTER METAL PARTS
Sterling Sintered offers a wide range of in-house and subcontracted secondary and finishing services for our sinter metal parts. Our goal is to be a one-stop shop for all of our customers through our expanding capabilities and trusted third-party partnerships.
We manage subcontracted sinter metal services through a network of vendors that have passed a rigorous approval process. All secondary and finishing work adheres to the stringent quality controls of our Process Control Plan.
SST has many secondary process capabilities to meet sinter metal customer requirements for material properties, part configuration, and resistance to corrosion and surface wear.
- Repressing, Coining, and Sizing: These processes affect the densification and provide greater dimensional control for tighter tolerances in sinter metal parts.
- Oil/Vacuum Impregnation: Impregnation is an important process that makes sinter metal bearings self-lubricating.
- Plastic/Resin Impregnation may also be used to improve sinter metal machinability, to seal parts so they are gas or liquid tight, or to prepare the surface for plating.
- Structural Infiltration: This improves strength, prepares the surface for plating with other metals, reduces porosity, improves the ductility and machinability, and seals parts so they are gas or liquid tight.
- Steam Treating of sinter metal increases wear and corrosion resistance, material density, and surface hardness, reduces porosity, and improves the surface for plating.
- Heat Treating: Heat treatments are excellent for increasing material strength and hardness and wear resistance.
- Grinding: This includes processes such as lapping, honing and polishing.
- CNC Machining: There are a variety of machining operations available, such as milling, turning, threading, drilling, boring, broaching, and tapping.
- Surface Finishing: including vibratory, tumbling, deburring, coating, and plating.
SINTER METAL ASSEMBLIES
SST can help you reduce costs and manufacturing time by providing assembly and sub-assembly services. As with all operations completed under the SST roof, our assembly services follow ISO 9001:2015 standards and quality controls. Finished sinter metal assemblies can be kitted, bagged, bar coded, labeled and shipped to single or multiple locations.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Then contact us today and get started, either by requesting a quote or more information!